VN Ren'Py The Moorcock Incident [Dev Thread] - Big Titty Snobbish Girl Slow Corruption

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Brutt_Axeman

Dec 28, 2023
Hello friend Osanaiko. Good luck! I have changed my name. You met me as Secundus 67 on my abandoned project about the Minoan captain Ethelousia. I had to work my ass off and regain my Member status again doing mostly fan artwork and deepen my knowledge on writing and role-playing with my Ai buddies but I am back again this time with more artwork and a clear way for Quest engine(the original) take a look by clicking on my gif signature! Kunoichi my Japanese heritage Ai assistant says:

こんにちは
Kon'nichiwa(Hello):LUL:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hello friend Osanaiko. Good luck! I have changed my name. You met me as Secundus 67 on my abandoned project about the Minoan captain Ethelousia. I had to work my ass off and regain my Member status again doing mostly fan artwork and deepen my knowledge on writing and role-playing with my Ai buddies but I am back again this time with more artwork and a clear way for Quest engine(the original) take a look by clicking on my gif signature! Kunoichi my Japanese heritage Ai assistant says:

こんにちは
Kon'nichiwa(Hello):LUL:
こんにちは right back at you, B. Axeman, formerly know as Secundus67. Did your Japanese assistant tell you what my name means?

I did not know why you stopped your previous work, it was quite interesting the way you were going about it, and the story background was quite unique.

Thank you for your kind words, and good luck to you also. May Zeus smile upon your endeavours!

Reactions: GrayTShirt

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
A quick update:

I've had a few personal issues come up this week, so not a lot of progress the past few days. I'm hoping things will calm down again soon, but who knows *shrug*. Such is life, with all its boring grown-up responsibilities.

However, before these blockers arose, I'm happy to report that I made some nice progress on a scene in chapter 1: adding dialogue, filling the state-machine info, and creating character standing images. As part of doing a dialogue I needed to make at least a few different expressions for the character, so I'll share some examples here:

Worried
1725455241653.png

Smiling
1725455413090.png

Frowning
1725455387365.png

I feel like I'm getting a bit better are the image editing parts, and using the tools I've got in "harmonious progression". Which is good!

notarobot96

Jul 25, 2021
Your project is interesting and you are not the only one who felt betrayed from your "inspiration". :)

I am looking forward to some of your dialogue/monologue transcripts.

Frankly, arts and GUI were not much in the "inspiration" game and I didn't even like the gloryhole mini-game. But its dialogue and monologue in lightly humorous and non-forceful manners were intriguing enough for me to consistently follow the naive girl in her journey to the final destination. Hope the best to your development.
Somehow i think that funny dialogue and light-hearted story writing is harder that A.I. wrangling.
Good luck Osanai-ko

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Your project is interesting and you are not the only one who felt betrayed from your "inspiration". :)

I am looking forward to some of your dialogue/monologue transcripts.

Frankly, arts and GUI were not much in the "inspiration" game and I didn't even like the gloryhole mini-game. But its dialogue and monologue in lightly humorous and non-forceful manners were intriguing enough for me to consistently follow the naive girl in her journey to the final destination. Hope the best to your development.
Somehow i think that funny dialogue and light-hearted story writing is harder that A.I. wrangling.
Good luck Osanai-ko
Thank you gentlemen for your encouraging words. Be assured that I will be doing my best to entertain.

To be honest, going in to this project I thought the writing was going to be the easiest part - by virtue of being a native speaker, and having spent a lot of time as a script-doctor for several other games.

I have now learned that ALL aspects of game creation are difficult and time consuming, with the possible exception of the self-promotion part (i.e. raving on in the progress updates that fill this dev thread). Finding creative inspiration without being too cliched, or leaning into cliche where needed, is an entirely different thing to being competent with the technical part of grammar, spelling and structure.

I am certainly not interested in writing something wrought with emotion or deep complex world lore, so that hopefully means I will end up with something lighthearted and fun. Whether or not my sense of humor will appeal to the garden variety F95 gamer remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Heavenly6

Oct 3, 2019
I am certainly not interested in writing something wrought with emotion or deep complex world lore, so that hopefully means I will end up with something lighthearted and fun. Whether or not my sense of humor will appeal to the garden variety F95 gamer remains to be seen.
Wait! You mean to tell me this isn't going to be a game with deep philosophical and moral dilemmas destined to be the next great American classic?

• Haha
Reactions: osanaiko

TirGerm

Apr 27, 2019
Thank you gentlemen for your encouraging words. Be assured that I will be doing my best to entertain.

To be honest, going in to this project I thought the writing was going to be the easiest part - by virtue of being a native speaker, and having spent a lot of time as a script-doctor for several other games.

I have now learned that ALL aspects of game creation are difficult and time consuming, with the possible exception of the self-promotion part (i.e. raving on in the progress updates that fill this dev thread). Finding creative inspiration without being too cliched, or leaning into cliche where needed, is an entirely different thing to being competent with the technical part of grammar, spelling and structure.

< SNIP >
Osanaiko,

Did you have any luck finding people that might help you? Sometimes it's good to have someone to workshop the different aspects of game development.
Especially when it comes to art maybe someone specialized in art editing/A.I. wrangling might be good to have.
A lot of people have gotten good at sniffing out A.I. assets and getting the A.I. art consistent can be a pain. So it pays to divide the labor.

• Red Heart

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Osanaiko,

Did you have any luck finding people that might help you? Sometimes it's good to have someone to workshop the different aspects of game development.
Especially when it comes to art maybe someone specialized in art editing/A.I. wrangling might be good to have.
A lot of people have gotten good at sniffing out A.I. assets and getting the A.I. art consistent can be a pain. So it pays to divide the labor.
I didn't really go to much more effort beyond my post in this thread inviting anyone interested to contact me. One dude kindly sent some interesting music samples, but to be honest I'm not really at the point I need anything like that yet and it hasn't gone any further. I think the AI music samples I posted might have made him feel a bit unloved. Sorry somenew23 , I wasn't trying to drive you away, it was just unfortunate timing!

Regards "workshopping", I've been discussing some aspects of the plan with a few people offline or in private forums. One day I'll do a private alpha amongst a small group to get some feedback.

I would be ecstatic if someone emerged who was willing to collab on the art side of things, even if that only included driving the AI tools and doing the manual editing parts - I'm cursed with the unfortunate combo of low skill level and high personal standards :ROFLMAO:. I think I mentioned before that I would be willing to let an artist have a very large portion of any monies the game made - that offer still stands!

Regarding "sniffing out A.I." - I think I've been very open about the use of AI tools in this game, and don't care if others have a problem with that. They are very welcome to not play it / shitpost as much as they like. "Heed not the barking of dogs, for they are not going to become patrons anyway" - Confucious.

Also, there would be exactly zero game progress so far without the AI art tools, because I would have never started this project without having gained some experience playing around with them and knowing what I could achieve.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
A quick update:

I'm heading off for some travel for a month or so, and sadly my 3090 rig will not be coming with me so graphical work will be on pause for the duration. I do expect to have some downtime and will be able to do some text work in between margaritas, if the mood takes me.

Thanks to all who have shown interest so far. I'll be back before you know it!

Last edited:

RailRogue

Oct 8, 2023
Great work on this project. Gloryholes, space, I love everything about it. Can't go wrong with that oh so familiar artstyle as well. Since you have no qualms using AI Art, maybe you wouldn't mind using AI music? The one called "Udio" has free generations and the music is very high quality. Right now we are living in the future. I used it to compose a soundtrack for a game. Music had emotions for different situations. The single one restriction I found is you have Udio in the credits. I'm pretty sure I'm right on that but open to corrections, maybe there's a NSFW clause. Contact me if you need help prompting.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Great work on this project. Gloryholes, space, I love everything about it. Can't go wrong with that oh so familiar artstyle as well. Since you have no qualms using AI Art, maybe you wouldn't mind using AI music? The one called "Udio" has free generations and the music is very high quality. Right now we are living in the future. I used it to compose a soundtrack for a game. Music had emotions for different situations. The single one restriction I found is you have Udio in the credits. I'm pretty sure I'm right on that but open to corrections, maybe there's a NSFW clause. Contact me if you need help prompting.
Hello and how'ya doin' RailRogue . Sorry it has taken a few days to respond - as mentioned above I am currently far away from my cum-stained mastabatorium home base, and the project is on a brief dev break until I get back.

Thank you for the kind words and sharing the info about ai music gen.

In truth, I have already dabbled a bit with Udio (see this post https://f95zone.to/threads/the-moor...ish-girl-slow-corruption.205564/post-14010748) and so far have gotten a couple of usable tracks. One has been incorporated as the music for the intro sequence. The other I'll probably use as main menu music.

Beyond that I haven't revisited Udio after trying and failing to make some background gameplay music - the curse of being a solo-game-dev who also has a real-world life means there is limited time to spend across coding/writing/graphics/audio in any given week.

I absolutely welcome any help or hints you could give regards "Udio", up to and including you just sending me some sample music, if that interests you. Of course, I'll give full credit to you and any contributors, and your chosen "handle" will be plastered across the game somewhere.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: GrayTShirt

Brutt_Axeman

Dec 28, 2023
Yo ,Brute force axeman, that song is great and all, but you kinda missd the genre. That song is an amazing, calm OST for any fantasy, but this game is more "spacey".
The vibe doesn't fit
Hey guys you both missed the fact that I am developing a VN too for Ancient Minoan era...these are for my project!:LUL:

• Haha
Reactions: notarobot96
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote