Unity - Lustful Victor [v0.1] [NeonByteStudio]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Kapios223

This is simply not a good game even for a 0.1 beta.
    The Pixel art is rudimentary not good nor bad. And that's where the non-bad points of the game end.
    The voice actress is doing an awful job, I had to skip all cutscenes due to the obnoxious voice she was using.
    Then we have the downright atrocious choice of controls that are very unintuitive and you are unable to remap.
    Even if you do manage to get by the controls are very unreliable, and some points won't register.

And finally (and that's a personal opinion) there was no reason to introduce a virginity system in the game AT ALL, even if you manage to avoid all sex attacks the game takes away your agency and the MC gets raped in a cutscene. Either you make the system have a meaning and give the choice tot he player or you don't introduce it at all.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Warnizon

For a beta, that's a solid 4.

The game is very pretty, the menu is well-designed and pleasing to the eye, I missed a little animation to make it even more beautiful, and the music really captivated me. The menu is simple... too simple, I miss several things, one of which I'll comment on in a moment.

The story seems interesting to me, it's basic and almost generic, but it's that kind of “generic” that can turn into something very good, since being original with stories these days is quite difficult. Gameplay... well, my computer isn't that great, but I don't think I should be running at 20 or 22 fps in a pixel game, I don't know what it is, if the game is badly optimized or if my computer is a potato (probably both), but I felt that there could be graphic options for people who don't have a decent computer like me. As for the combat, I found it... lazy. The shots have no animation, at most the pistol moves, but there are no bullets, you shoot straight and hit an enemy crawling, the dash is badly done, it looks like you just teleported by letting out a giant fart backwards, and since I'm at a low fps, I can't tell if the dash is good or bad, since I took all the possible blows I could take because of it.

I'm really looking forward to this game being updated, because everything about it really captivated me. Oh yes, if you've read about the H-Scene, they're not game-over scenes, but in-game, which is a plus (for me at least), and they're very lively, and you kind of decide whether you're going to be raped or not, since you have enough time to get up after falling.

ALMOST FORGOT, THERE'S VOICE ACTING, I LOVE IT! Hope it's not AI.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

amgwtfover

V0.1 Reviewed
    Pro:
    - Pixel art is quite nice, original and fluid
    - Clearly alot of effort gone into this, story, intro, design etc. Let's be honest though, this won't matter for 80% of people.

Con:
    - Unskippable intro with no keybindings explanation. How do you aim? Why is randomly tapping buttons now giving hearts around the protag? Do they mean something? Are we on a spaceship or a train? I exitted the game and hit Continue and it just plopped me down 6 months later in the city, so that's a cool skip workaround I guess?
    - The robot enemies NEVER die, shooting 20 times whilst being knocked down again and again 1v1, are they meant to be immortal? Then why have them run around in the first zone like enemies?
    - Was expecting a slow burn on the corruption with a synopsis and clear long-goal like this, but nope, it's "Hey girl, do you want to get raped? Yes/No" and H scene plays. It feels lazy when you are trying to come across as this hyped unique thing in the description/intro

Feels like they should have had someone not on the dev team have a run through this before releasing it, because I know they would have raised at least half a dozen points to fix before debut.
    It's got potential, will be interested to see if it gets beyond just having potential and a fancy intro cutscene after 6 months.